What a great weekend we had celebrating Jesus at Open Life this Easter. On Good Friday we reflected on the cross with worship, communion, and a thought about the sacrifice of Jesus. On Saturday, we helped facilitate the egg hunt for the city of Bonney Lake and invited people to Sunday’s services in both Sumner and Bonney Lake where we presented the Hope of Jesus. #EasteratOL was a great hit and we even exceeded some of our expectations.
Here are some goals we wanted to hit during the weekend and what actually happened:
- We thought around 85 people would be able to make it to our Good Friday service, 107 people ended up attending.
- We thought it would be awesome if 300 people came to celebrate on Easter Sunday and 283 were in attendance (which included OL Sumner’s largest gathering of 118 people).
- That means we gathered 390 people in services this Easter Weekend!
- $3,000 (including the $5/person for everyone in attendance) was the goal for our Easter offering, all of which will be donated to Open Life’s new initiative involving Foster Care. As a church Open Life gave $3,814!
- We prayed for people to make a decision to follow Jesus and 9 people indicated they did just that on their connect cards in addition to the people who responded during prayer.
Why did we set goals for these areas? We set these goals because every number represents a person, and every person matters to God. We are in celebration mode from what God did on Easter, and we are looking ahead for what He will do through our next series BRAVE that begins this Sunday. Let’s be brave and follow Jesus together in a world that so desperately needs His love to be made known through our every day actions.
I find it to be a great honor to pastor a church where people know it’s a safe place for their friends to experience Jesus and begin their journey towards following Him. I’m looking forward to the coming months as we grow together and touch these communities with love.