Staff and Spouse Advance
Tuesday, November 10th
Arrive at Spring Brook (anytime after 3:30pm)
5:00 pm Session #1 – How is the dream?
6:00 pm Dinner @ _______________
7:30 pm Session #2 – What dreams are awakening? What needs rekindled?
what does God want OL to be known for at year 10
9:00 pm Hangout/Dessert/Games/Memories
Wednesday, November 11th
Breakfast prior to 1st meeting
9:00 am Session #3 – Prayer & Worship over 2016
10:00 am Break
10:15 am Session #4 – It’s gotta be said (future series thoughts)
11:15 am Session #5 – Overarching theme for 2016 thoughts
12:15 am Break for Lunch (onsite)
1:15 pm Session #6 – 2016 Planning Session/Calendaring
Easter & Christmas
Staff Party Dates 2015 & 2016
2:30 pm Break
2:45 pm Session #7 – Let’s have some fun (play around the facility
4:30 pm Actionable Items Review (from planning and time together)
5:30 pm Dinner @ ______________
Things to know:
Island Lake’s address 12500 Camp Ct. NW Poulsbo, WA 98370
The details for the Spring Brook Guest House:
- 5 bedroom, 2 full bath house (sleeps 10-13)
- Master bedroom (1 Queen bed)
- 4 smaller bedrooms (2 upstairs, 2 downstairs, each has 2 twin beds)
- Downstairs Living Area can also be converted into a place for 3 more twin-size beds
- Kitchenette with fridge, microwave, Keurig Coffee Maker (yes, we provide the coffee!), hot plate, toaster and BBQ
- All linens provided (bedding, towels, shampoo, soap, etc.)
We will be bringing:
- French Press
What you should bring:
- any specific drinks or snacks you desire beyond what we provide.
- your mind, focus and fun
What to prepare:
Everyone has to complete the Camp Release of Liability Form
Four things you can prepare prior to your arrival.
- Think of any messages, themes, series, books of the Bible you feel would be in season for Open Life. Listen to the Lord and reflect on what we have done and come with some ideas.
- What ideas do you have that would help fulfill the mission of Open Life? What is our next big thing and what will we be known for when we celebrate our 10 year anniversary in 5 years?
- It would do you well to look through your calendar and make sure all those important things are on there so we can plan out 2016 without finding out later you are not in town on that date. What is the best season for your event and how can we help it be great?
- They say we have internet (password: “unplugnow” – in their words “it’s steady, but slow”), but you never know when you are outside the city a bit. I would prepare for an offline experience and if we are online we can be pleasantly surprised. (Yes I am bringing paper and pens and a post it board and easel just in case).
Spring Brook Guest House at Island Lake Camp
Welcome to Island Lake. During your stay, we invite you to experience all that Island Lake has to offer. Beyond our paid activities, here are a few ways to enjoy your stay.
Visit our snack and gift shop and enjoy hanging out with your friends while playing a game or sipping coffee. Open each morning before breakfast and during the afternoon.
Play volleyball, basketball, soccer, ultimate frisbee, or other sports on our grass field and sports courts. Equipment and balls are located in the recreation closets on the side of the dining hall facing the main field.
THROW A DISC
Weave through Island Lake’s woods and fields as you play our 18-hole disc golf course. Pick up discs and a map at the recreation closet on the side of the dining hall.
HAVE A WALK
Grab a friend, put on your hiking shoes and explore 100 acres of beautifully wooded trails. Refer to map for start of trails.
TAKE TO THE WATER
Take out a canoe and enjoy our peaceful lake and waterfront. Lifejackets and paddles can be found in the boat shed.
Climb many different routes on our 40’ wide bouldering wall, on the side of the dining hall.