1. Bring or wear swim shorts or dark shorts we have a blue shirt for you to wear and you even get to keep it (dark for modesty reasons…and for the memories).
2. Have a towel with you so you are ready to dry when you come out of the water.
3. Bring a change of clothes and a plastic bag for your wet clothes.
4. We will record your baptism on video and if the opportunity presents itself following we may want to capture a bit of your story.
5. After the service you will change into your t-shirt and anything else you need during the final reflection time/giving talk. Then make your way out the side doors to the baptism pool. We one final time walk through what to expect one more time…but here it is in writing:
- When it is your turn you will come into the water.
- The pastor or people doing the baptism will pray for you and say “I now baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.” And that is when you will be lowered into and raised back up out of the water quickly.
- You will hear shouts and cheers and it is celebration time as you exit and the next person comes.
6. That is pretty much it…we will catch it all on video and take pics as well to help you celebrate the moment with your family and friends who can’t make it.